Diablo 4 Game Error Code: 395002 - Problem Solved - 'Your Account is Currently Locked' PS5
Are you facing the 'Account is Currently Locked' error with code 395002 in Diablo 4? Read this article to learn how to fix this issue and regain access to your account. Get tips on resolving server maintenance and status problems on PS5.
Diablo 4 is one of the most anticipated games of 2023, but some players are facing a frustrating error that prevents them from logging into the game. The error message says “Your account is currently locked” and shows a code: 395002. What does this error mean and how can you fix it? Here’s everything you need to know.
Your Account is Currently Locked Diablo 4 - Code: 395002
The “Your account is currently locked” error in Diablo 4 usually occurs when there is an issue from the game’s end. Here are some of the possible reasons that can cause this error to pop up for you in the game:
- The game’s servers are seeing a high amount of log-in surges, because of which they cannot take more players logging in.
- The game needs an update or a patch that you have not installed yet.
- The game is undergoing maintenance or facing some technical difficulties.
- You have tried to log in too many times in a short period of time, which triggers a security lock on your account.
What Does the "Account is Currently Locked" Error Mean?
The "Account is Currently Locked" error in Diablo 4 indicates that access to your account has been temporarily restricted. This can happen due to various reasons, such as suspicious activity, multiple failed login attempts, or a security measure implemented by the game's developers. If you encounter this error, follow the steps below to fix it.
Problem Solved: Diablo 4 Account Locked for the Code : 395002
If you are experiencing the “Your account is currently locked” error in Diablo 4, you can try the following solutions:
- Close the game completely and boot it up again. This can refresh your connection and clear any temporary issues.
- Check if Diablo 4 needs an update. You can do this by opening the Battle.net app and looking for any notifications or prompts on the game’s icon. If there is an update available, download and install it before launching the game again.
- Check the Diablo Twitter account (@Diablo) to make sure there’s no maintenance or server outage. If there is, you will have to wait until it’s over before you can play the game.
- Try to log in at a later time. This can help if the servers are overloaded or busy. You can also check the server status on the official website (https://diablo4.com/en-us/) or on third-party sites like downdetector.com.
- Reset your PC or console entirely. This can fix any network or hardware issues that might be interfering with your game. Make sure to save any work or data before doing this.
- Log out of your Diablo 4 account and then log back in. This can reset your authentication and resolve any account-related problems.
Fix Code 395002 ‘Account is Currently Locked’ Error in Diablo 4
If none of the above solutions work for you, you might have to contact Blizzard support for further assistance. You can do this by visiting their website (https://us.battle.net/support/en/) and submitting a ticket with your issue details. You can also chat with a live agent or call them on their phone number (1-800-592-5499). Be prepared to provide some information about your account, such as your email address, BattleTag, and region.
How to Fix Diablo 4 Error Code 395002 - "Account is Currently Locked" Problem
1. Wait for a Reasonable Duration
In some cases, the account lockout is temporary, and waiting for a while can resolve the issue. This gives the developers time to investigate and lift the lock on your account.
2. Check for Server Maintenance
Ensure that the error is not related to ongoing server maintenance. Developers periodically perform maintenance tasks to enhance game performance and address any security concerns. Visit the official Diablo 4 website or relevant forums to check for any scheduled maintenance or reported issues.
3. Reset Your Password
If you suspect that your account might have been compromised, changing your password is crucial. Visit the official Diablo 4 website and follow the instructions to reset your password securely. Choose a strong, unique password that includes a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
4. Contact Customer Support
If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's best to contact Diablo 4 customer support. Provide them with all the necessary details, including your account information, error code (395002), and any relevant screenshots. The support team will assist you in resolving the issue and restoring access to your account.
Diablo 4 Your Account is Currently Locked PS5
If you are playing Diablo 4 on PS5, you might encounter some additional issues that are specific to this platform. For example, some players have reported that they cannot access their characters or progress after switching from PS4 to PS5. This is because Diablo 4 does not support cross-save or cross-play between different platforms or generations. You will have to start a new character on PS5 if you want to play on this console.
Another issue that PS5 players might face is that they cannot log into their Blizzard account on their console. This is because Blizzard has not yet implemented a way to link your PSN account with your Blizzard account on PS5. You will have to wait until they do so before you can enjoy some of the features that require this connection, such as cross-progression with PC or rewards from other Blizzard games.
Diablo 4 Server Maintenance and Status
Diablo 4 is a online-only game, which means that it requires a constant connection to Blizzard’s servers to run properly. This also means that the game can be affected by server issues, such as maintenance, downtime, lag, or errors. Blizzard usually announces any planned maintenance or server updates on their official website (https://diablo4.com/en-us/) or on their Twitter account (@Diablo). You can also check the server status on these sources or on third-party sites.
Diablo 4 developers regularly conduct server maintenance to ensure optimal gameplay experience and address any technical issues. Here are a few tips to stay informed about server maintenance and status updates:
- Official Diablo 4 Website
Visit the official Diablo 4 website to check for any announcements or news regarding server maintenance schedules and updates.
- Social Media Channels
Follow Diablo 4's official social media accounts on platforms like Twitter and Facebook. Developers often share maintenance schedules and other important information through these channels.
- Community Forums
Engage with the Diablo 4 community on official forums or reputable fan forums. Other players might share insights, maintenance notifications, or workarounds for certain issues.
If you encounter any server-related problems while playing Diablo 4, you can try some of the following tips to improve your connection:
- Use a Wired Connection Instead of a Wireless One. This can reduce latency and packet loss, which can cause lag or disconnects.
- Restart your Router or Modem. This can clear any cache or settings that might be causing issues.
- Check your Firewall or Antivirus Settings. These can sometimes block or interfere with your game’s connection. You might have to add Diablo 4 as an exception or disable them temporarily while playing.
- Change your DNS Settings. This can help you connect to a different server that might be less crowded or closer to your location. You can use Google’s DNS (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) or Cloudflare’s DNS (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) as alternatives.